Issues after the latest update (M1)

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M1
Firmware Version: don't know where to check this
Rooted or not: Not
Android version : 9
Build number : PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.2005.082-20200506
Security patch level : 5 may 2020
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After the latest update a few problems have come up in my phone (don't know certainly if it is due to the update or not)
1) Reverse charging pop up is coming(only twice). when restarting my phone first it pop ups when the phone asks for the pin and then when the boot up is complete and the home screen comes up
have tried safe mode still the pop up occurs twice
did the wipe cache partition
by mistake did a root integrity check which also failed
2) Phone stops charging when the cable is taken out. When I try to reconnect it does not work/charge. I have to restart the phone being connected with the charger to make it work every time.
checked the asus charger it is working with other devices
tried a different charger . still have to reboot every time to make it work
3) Phone not connecting to the laptop to transfer media. Using the same cable as of the charger to connect it , same problem of charging also occurs. when rebooted while being connected to the laptop its starts charging and there is no USB configuration option in the phone which used to come in the notification bar.
tried changing default USB configuration to media transfer
tried different cables
So can anybody help with any of the issues?
15 REPLIES 15

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, we'd request you follow the below steps:
1. Clear system cache.
2. Try the same under safe mode:
Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode
3. If still you face the issue factory reset your phone after taking a full backup.
4. Last option would be to visit the service center to have
a check. Locate here: https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

RadeonPS
Rising Star II
phantomyadav2

1. Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M1
  2. Firmware Version: don't know where to check this
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Android version : 9
  5. Build number : PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.2005.082-20200506
  6. Security patch level : 5 may 2020

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

After the latest update a few problems have come up in my phone (don't know certainly if it is due to the update or not)

1) Reverse charging pop up is coming(only twice). when restarting my phone first it pop ups when the phone asks for the pin and then when the boot up is complete and the home screen comes up

• have tried safe mode still the pop up occurs twice
  • did the wipe cache partition
  • by mistake did a root integrity check which also failed

2) Phone stops charging when the cable is taken out. When I try to reconnect it does not work/charge. I have to restart the phone being connected with the charger to make it work every time.

• checked the asus charger it is working with other devices
  • tried a different charger . still have to reboot every time to make it work

3) Phone not connecting to the laptop to transfer media. Using the same cable as of the charger to connect it , same problem of charging also occurs. when rebooted while being connected to the laptop its starts charging and there is no USB configuration option in the phone which used to come in the notification bar.

• tried changing default USB configuration to media transfer
  • tried different cables

Your receiver pin of charging is most likely damaged. Happened with my unit and everything went nuts. After lockdown try getting it serviced at service center.

Rameez221
Star III
victor2020

Hi, we'd request you follow the below steps:

1. Clear system cache.

2. Try the same under safe mode:

Hold the power button for 5 seconds => When the screen flashes with option => Press & hold power option => You will get an option to restart in safe mode

3. If still you face the issue factory reset your phone after taking a full backup.

4. Last option would be to visit the service center to have

a check. Locate here: https://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India

View post
Thanks to Asus

bhaveshbadheka
Star II
phantomyadav2

1. Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M1
  2. Firmware Version: don't know where to check this
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Android version : 9
  5. Build number : PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.2005.082-20200506
  6. Security patch level : 5 may 2020

• have tried safe mode still the pop up occurs twice
  • did the wipe cache partition
  • by mistake did a root integrity check which also failed

• checked the asus charger it is working with other devices
  • tried a different charger . still have to reboot every time to make it work

• tried changing default USB configuration to media transfer
  • tried different cables

Also hotstar running behind or gallery is running behind.kind of message came up no of time