Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone9
Firmware Version: WW_32.2050.2050.29
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Frequently
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
========================================
I bought this phone two days ago and specifically for the headphone jack too. Unfortunately, I've been having some issues with the audio. I hear a quiet but noticeable static clicking noise during quieter, less busy parts of music. It is most noticeable with solo instrument music. For example, if only single piano notes are played I can hear a static popping noise underlying those notes. The strange thing is that only the left channel is affected. I reproduced the issue with two different pairs of IEMs, my Moondrop Variations, and Fiio FH3s. This happens across any app that plays audio. The issue does not occur with AT-M50x over-the-ear headphones. In addition, I notice that audio playback occasionally completely stops for 2 seconds if I increase the volume with the volume rocker.

6 REPLIES 6

azurenimbus
Star II
After trying the Zenfone 9 and my headphones with an 80 ohm impedance adaptor, the problem becomes far less noticable. I can still hear some clicking noise if I listen hard enough though. I'm feeling quite disappointed with Zenfone 9's jack.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.