Ishti
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 2060.73
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Eveytime
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Having few issues with the Zenfone 9. Stock camera app crashes after few minutes of video recording, it goes black. Even restarting does not fix the issue. So I installed Gcam port, no issues with Gcam.

I saw on multiple reviews that the phone is compatible with all Telcos in Australia and VoWifi works. However, I can not get the Vowifi working. VoLTE works, in theory if VoLTE works VoWIFI should work as well. I tried with Telstra, Optus network. Same sim in other mobile- Vowifi works with no issues.

5 REPLIES 5

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @Ishti,

Can you share the log for the camera issue?

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1. Open “Calculator APP”
2. Enter “.19595+=”
3. Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5. Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

Hello Mansi,

Thanks for your response. I have recorded the screen and created a log file. The main camera is randomly going black. Nothing works. I tried restarting, using different apps, nothing works. As you can see that the wide camera keeps working.  Plz see the log and screen recorder files.. thanks 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16suwjpAHYHBcj5V1xnifgfPID_XaKvsC/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16v-OAwtCaayLvLaEZo-7Vzve0g9ZRFsz/view?usp=drivesdk

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @Ishti,

I heard back from the R&D team, as per their analysis, the video file looks like the main Camera cannot be turned on, but the wide-angle lens can be turned on.
The team suspects it to be a hardware problem. I recommend you contact your nearest Asus service center and get the device examined.

can you shed some light on the vowifi issue, ive 

Screenshot_20230808-195116_Telephony_Service.jpg