This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 (US Version / Version C) AT&T Support?

LearningToBuild
Star II
Any word on when there will be official ATT support for the Version C (US Version) of the Zenfone 9? I keep checking the official AT&T list but it hasn't been updated since July 6, 2022.
Thanks in advance for any assistance!
🙂

14 REPLIES 14

JustAnOpossum
Star II
jheckard

Hello again. Just some notes to follow up. I did actually receive my new 16GB/256GB in black on Thursday October 13th 2022. Although I have previously always been able to move my sim card over from one unlocked phone to another, it did not actually work this time. Kept displaying "no service a available" and something about needing to register the phone with my carrier. So I attempted calling in to AT&T for assistance, and the representative was trying to insist that even though the Zenfone 8 was on the official approved list that the Zenfone 9 was not and could not be activated. He did finally make an attempt, after I insisted, to move my existing sim card service over to the new phone using my imei number but was unable to accomplish this over the phone. After some discussion, he agreed that I should go into one of their local stores and have them attempt activation with a new sim card instead. End result is that YES my phone is now activated and working well so far. I have only tested a couple of phone calls, but all programs, messaging history, wifi, etc. is now working perfectly on this unit. Better yet, easily connects at 5G, and even with driving around several miles am not encountering any issues when drops to what displays as 4G+ and back to 5G. Will follow up in a day or two if anything changes, or any issues might be encountered.

One more quick note: Yes the performance of this phone is absolutely amazing with everything that have tested so far.

View post
So you are getting 5G on ATT? Do you mind me asking what plan you have? I just activated it on cricket and no 5g for me, even though I am in an area with 5g

jheckard
Star III
Hello there. Yes, I am getting 5G quite consistently, and have been since the phone was first activated.
Almost forgot. You did ask which plan that I have, although am not certain if the plan or local service towers might be more important. I have an AT&T Unlimited Elite plan. I hope that this helps.

LearningToBuild
Star II
Hi there, just curious if there's any official word from ASUS on the Zenfone 9 having been officially added to AT&T's "approved" list?

jheckard
Star III
Just to follow up,
As it has now been a couple of weeks since activation of my phone, wanted to follow up to confirm that it appears that everything is still working wonderfully. Although I would truly like to see that this model has been added to the official AT&T approved list of phones, there does not appear to be any update since last July. Which of course means that there is not any sign of the Zenfone 9 being yet added.
I do however have another positive update about this U.S. Version of the phone. AT&T had previously announced an upgraded 5G+ service was going to be rolling out in various citites across the country. And apparently my area has now been added to that list, and this phone has no issues taking advantage of it.
Here is some information from their announcment about the expanded service:
AT&T delivers three flavors of 5G* to our customers to give them unique experiences, faster speeds and capacity to do more of the things they like on America's Most Reliable 5G Network1.
AT&T 5G using low-band spectrum reaches more than 281 million people in nearly 22,000 cities and towns in the U.S.
AT&T 5G+ using C-Band spectrum sits between our other two bands and provides a great combination of ultra-fast speeds and wide geographic coverage.
AT&T 5G+ using millimeter wave spectrum delivers super-fast speeds and unprecedented performances in high traffic areas including parts of more than 45 cities and more than 45 stadiums and venues.
5G+ is faster and more responsive for the most demanding apps and services, from gaming to streaming to video conferencing.

LearningToBuild
Star II
I really appreciate this detailed follow-up! Hopefully we'll eventually see the Zenfone 9 on the AT&T official list!