This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 (US Version / Version C) AT&T Support?

LearningToBuild
Star II
Any word on when there will be official ATT support for the Version C (US Version) of the Zenfone 9? I keep checking the official AT&T list but it hasn't been updated since July 6, 2022.
Thanks in advance for any assistance!
🙂

14 REPLIES 14

jheckard
Star III
Since the Zenfone 8 has been on the official AT&T list for awhile, this should be only a formality. Counting on it, as I have been an AT&T customer for years.

LearningToBuild
Star II
Would love to hear an official update from ASUS reps on this... 🙂

jheckard
Star III
Hello again. Just some notes to follow up. I did actually receive my new 16GB/256GB in black on Thursday October 13th 2022. Although I have previously always been able to move my sim card over from one unlocked phone to another, it did not actually work this time. Kept displaying "no service a available" and something about needing to register the phone with my carrier. So I attempted calling in to AT&T for assistance, and the representative was trying to insist that even though the Zenfone 8 was on the official approved list that the Zenfone 9 was not and could not be activated. He did finally make an attempt, after I insisted, to move my existing sim card service over to the new phone using my imei number but was unable to accomplish this over the phone. After some discussion, he agreed that I should go into one of their local stores and have them attempt activation with a new sim card instead. End result is that YES my phone is now activated and working well so far. I have only tested a couple of phone calls, but all programs, messaging history, wifi, etc. is now working perfectly on this unit. Better yet, easily connects at 5G, and even with driving around several miles am not encountering any issues when drops to what displays as 4G+ and back to 5G. Will follow up in a day or two if anything changes, or any issues might be encountered.
One more quick note: Yes the performance of this phone is absolutely amazing with everything that have tested so far.

LearningToBuild
Star II
Thanks much for this update, and I'm glad for you that you ultimately had success! And I'm also surprised that they were willing to let you use the Zenfone 9 when their systems were indicating it is not yet approved (as I have heard repeatedly online that they are pretty stubborn about following their list). But good to know that at least technically the phone works great on the ATT network, even if it is not yet officially approved/supported. Please do update us all if anything changes (especially if ATT boots your phone off the network via some automated process of removing "unapproved" phones).