This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 call speaker issue

devilcat_7
Star II
Hi, I have an issue with the speaker option when I'm on a call. If I press the speaker option all the sound goes and I can't hear anything. I tested it with my friends phone and they can hear me fine but I can't hear anything. I assume this is a software bug. Please fix this.
The speakers work fine otherwise and this issue only happens if the speaker option is selected during a call. Nothing restores the sound again except hanging up and calling again.
98 REPLIES 98

Mattias_ASUS
I got a reply from R&D and they can't seem to be able to recreate the issue, therefore I need help from users who are having the issue to create a log so we can find what might be causing the issue and answer some questions.
1.- Which kind of call is used when having this issue? Cellular? VoLTE?
2.- Does the problem occur when switching from the phone to the speaker? Does this happen only when changing the setting mid-call? or does this happen before the other user picks up?
3.- Did you do anything before the call? (ex: Game, listening to music, web browsing?)
4.- A log needs to be created replicating the issue, to which I will write the instructions down below.
Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “Sound, call audio, and recording ” will work for this issue..
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

Kazionator
Star III
@Mattias_ASUS
I have just tried to reproduce the problem but have not been successful. I've been running WW-32.2040.2040.23 for a few days now, and I know someone above claimed the problem occurs here too, but it somehow disappeared for me. We'll see what others have to say.

maciej_21
Star I
Aktualizacja do wersji WW-32.2040.2040.23 nic nie pomaga. Problem wciąż występuje. Jestem rozczarowanym Asus Zenfone 9 😥

mumei6102
Rising Star I
@maciej_21 U mnie działa, na poprzedniej wersji też działało. Może jakieś specjalne ustawienia powodują problem? Może zresetuj system do fabrycznych ustawień? Przeczytaj też instrukcję od moda kilka postów wyżej i sprawdź wszystko dokładnie. Czy to się dzieje za każdym razem, czy losowo?

Mattias_ASUS
To be able to troubleshoot the issue we need logs and information, the team has not been able to recreate the issue with the information provided so far.
The team has also some questions that might help them to find the issue.
1.- Please explain which kind of call is being used while having this problem (ex CS call/VoLTE Call/VOIP normal call)
2.- Does the problem occur when switching from the handset to the speaker? Does the issue only occur when switching to the speaker option before the call?
3.- Did you do anything before the call? (ex: game/listen to music/browse the web?)
4.- Are you willing to provide detailed replay steps & Logs (including Audio Modem log_R28)?