This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 call speaker issue

devilcat_7
Star II
Hi, I have an issue with the speaker option when I'm on a call. If I press the speaker option all the sound goes and I can't hear anything. I tested it with my friends phone and they can hear me fine but I can't hear anything. I assume this is a software bug. Please fix this.
The speakers work fine otherwise and this issue only happens if the speaker option is selected during a call. Nothing restores the sound again except hanging up and calling again.
98 REPLIES 98

Jimi
Star I

Have the same issue. It happened during an emergency call today! 

WW_33.0804.2060.74

This is the latest version I get

Dear Asus, i have one question; 

can i return phone based on all this bugs i am having on the phone. 

This is ridiculously unusable. 

mikeburnsnz
Star III

Asus support centre got back to me. Not particularly helpful.  They sent me to https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1011558/ which is for people who have a crackling speaker. That is a different problem to not being able to be heard at all. That post asked me to turn audio wizard onto normal mode (can't be done with my version of zen ui or Android 13). They then said to ensure it is up to date with its software (already is). They then asked me to factory reset the phone - which I am loathe to do as the phone has been having this issue out of the box before any updates and I like Android 13. 

Long story short Asus Service Centre don't have a fix. If everyone could lodge a ticket with them maybe they will get the message that this is actually a widespread problem.

Jimi
Star I

The Update WW_33.0804.2060.88 fixed it for me! I can switsh now between speaker and phone and everything works. Got it two days ago. 

I've updated my firmware too about 5 days ago. It was working fine but today the problem came back again.

I think they didn't fix anything, the speaker issue just goes away momentarily whenever you restart the phone