This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 call speaker issue

devilcat_7
Star II
Hi, I have an issue with the speaker option when I'm on a call. If I press the speaker option all the sound goes and I can't hear anything. I tested it with my friends phone and they can hear me fine but I can't hear anything. I assume this is a software bug. Please fix this.
The speakers work fine otherwise and this issue only happens if the speaker option is selected during a call. Nothing restores the sound again except hanging up and calling again.
98 REPLIES 98

Hello, can I share the log with you via PM?

For some reason when I restart the phone the problem goes away, I can't replicate the bug right after turning it off and on. Can I just log it whenever I encounter the problem again and skip the restarting part (seccond step of your instructions)?

albaguico02
Star II

I am still having the exact same problem as devilcat_7 with mine running on android 13 (build number: WW_33.0804.2060.73) 

I have had the phone just on a month. I am having the same issue. I had the issue with Android 12 and the problem has persisted with Android 13. I am on build 33.0804.2060.73. This is a major problem and is a deal breaker. If this doesn't get resolved the phone is going back for a refund. Can a developer please respond with something concrete. How can such a simple function suddenly cause the phone to not function? 

mikeburnsnz
Star III

I have had the phone just on a month. I am having the same issue. I had the issue with Android 12 and the problem has persisted with Android 13. I am on build 33.0804.2060.73. This is a major problem and is a deal breaker. If this doesn't get resolved the phone is going back for a refund. Can a developer please respond with something concrete. How can such a simple function suddenly cause the phone to not function? 

Update: I have now started a return/repair ticket with the company that sold the phone to me in New Zealand - PbTech. Asus you will be receiving the phone for repair or refund. As a result I will be without a phone for around 6 weeks. Unbelievable.

After looking through this large forum thread it seems that many people have produced the log ticket the moderator has requested. We are all saying the same thing. Asus when are you going to address this issue? I will post this on the zenfone reddit forums as well to get a bit more coverage on the problem. A phone should at least be able to make a phone call.