This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 call speaker issue

devilcat_7
Star II
Hi, I have an issue with the speaker option when I'm on a call. If I press the speaker option all the sound goes and I can't hear anything. I tested it with my friends phone and they can hear me fine but I can't hear anything. I assume this is a software bug. Please fix this.
The speakers work fine otherwise and this issue only happens if the speaker option is selected during a call. Nothing restores the sound again except hanging up and calling again.
98 REPLIES 98

Xtechi
Star II
iamthegr1n

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/244130#Comment_244130

I have no speaker issues when using Google Phone app, so at least in my case it's a software issue. The only thing I'm missing is the Call Recording app 😞

View post
Even when using WhatsApp call, I have the same issue

marhoon8
Star I

Dear support,

Still issue not solve, i have same case if i call and keep phone on speaker after I can't hear other person if i change to handset or Bluetooth, be should hang up & call again 

vex_sb
Star III

2060.73 software

my phone just catch this illness. pure crap. it took me a while untill i realized wtf is happening with this lemon , but yeah, i got it also. 

so, no solution for it ? 

As usual, asus make crap products on evey field they get to. 

Good thing they gave free phones to all influencers so suckers like me actually buy this piece.of crap 

I think it's time to return the phone under warranty with all problems (speaker, camera etc.) maybe than they take responsibility for their product.

Mattias_ASUS

To the people still experiencing this issue, I would appreciate it if anyone could help me capturing a new log.

For this log the R&D team has some specific steps.

1.- Activate the log-tool to capture the log.

2.- Restart the Phone

3.- Play music with the speaker (aprox 3 minutes)

4.- Try to reproduce the silent call problem.

5.- When encountering the problem, immediately retrieve the Log and record the time point

6.- Close the log tool.

When the steps are done please write a message tagging me so that way I can see the message and can send you a PM.

I'm writing the steps to enable the Log-tool down below.

Once again, I appreciate your patience and collaboration.

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1. Open “Calculator APP”
2. Enter “.19595+=”
3. Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “Sound, call audio, and recording”
4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5. Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)