This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 - Bluetooth connection issues

MatunS
Star II
Tried to connect to PC's and TV via Bluetooth to use as remote, but it disconnects and tries to connect again until it disconnects completely.
It works on multiple other phones without an issue.
22 REPLIES 22

Elektroman
Star I
My ZenFone 9 also can't connect to BT JBL Extreme speaker. All other 3 phones in our family connect without any issue. ZenFone even do not see the JBL BT name

MadSilence
Star I
Netbox

I'm also having problems with my ZF9 Bluetooth and car.

It was working fine last week until I did this recent OTA FW update.

Now I cannot make calls from my car.

My phone connects to my car, shows up, I can access contacts etc. All looks good, but if I try to call anyone it looks like it's making the call, it dials the contact then just goes back to the standard screen like it's not doing anything.

However it has actually made the call on my phone but isn't connected to the cars speakers and my phone is connected to the contact. But I cannot hear anything.

I have to manually switch from Bluetooth audio on my phone to phone speaker.

To totally unsafe and frustrating, especially as it was fine before this recent OTA update.

Also since this latest update I can no longer use the "screen cast" built into Android 12. It was working fine last week before the OTA update.

Now it's broken.

Looks like something went quite wrong and I'm now regretting buying this stupid phone.

ZenFone 9 16gb/256gb version UK spec WW_32.2050.2050.29

Please test updates before you send them out.

View post
I have the exact same problem! Did you ever figure out a fix? ULTRA FRUSTRATING!

Netbox
Star III
MadSilence

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/235318#Comment_235318

I have the exact same problem! Did you ever figure out a fix? ULTRA FRUSTRATING!

View post
Nope. I basically cannot use my ZenFone 9 in my car. It's completely useless and can't believe Asus have let this phone out onto the market with so many serious bugs.

blon_die1
Star I

I have the same problem. The phone was in the service twice, the service did not detect the problem. Link to video https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgpRsTB2-spjgcRMyCfhkdzKf4PJNw

Vladyslav117
Star II

Hi all, I have the same issue connecting to the Sony SRS-XB12. During the initial connect (pairing mode) it works without issues. But once I turn SRS-XB12 off and then turn it back on the Zenfone 9 fails to connect and then tries to reconnect. This happens in a loop. I had no issues with SRS-XB12 for years. Are there any workarounds ?