This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the desktop rotation feature missing?

Tomy90c
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 9 16/256GB
Firmware Version: VW_32.2030.2030.26
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System, Main screen preferences
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Why is the desktop rotation feature missing? I was surprised that the ZenFone 9 doesn't have this feature when older ZenFones did. Is it possible to activate this function somehow? It is suitable when using the phone in the car or with original accessories such as the Connex Smart Stand.
14 REPLIES 14

willjoe2442
Star III
Go to Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update to Check for Updates and expedite them all. If Rotation Lock is grayed out or missing, you might be able to fix that by updating your BIOS. To update BIOS, you need to go to your device manufacturer's website and download the latest BIOS.

Regards,
Will

Tomy90c
Star III
willjoe2442

Go to Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update to Check for Updates and expedite them all. If Rotation Lock is grayed out or missing, you might be able to fix that by updating your BIOS. To update BIOS, you need to go to your device manufacturer's website and download the latest BIOS.

Regards,

Will

View post
My question is not about Windows but ZenFone 9 (Android)

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @Tomy90c, this feature is currently not available in the Zenfone 9. However, thanks for your feedback, I'll forward it to the respective team.

Kazionator
Star III
What was this function exactly? It's my first Zenfone.