This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the desktop rotation feature missing?

Tomy90c
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 9 16/256GB
Firmware Version: VW_32.2030.2030.26
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System, Main screen preferences
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Why is the desktop rotation feature missing? I was surprised that the ZenFone 9 doesn't have this feature when older ZenFones did. Is it possible to activate this function somehow? It is suitable when using the phone in the car or with original accessories such as the Connex Smart Stand.
14 REPLIES 14

Tomy90c
Star III
Kazionator

What was this function exactly? It's my first Zenfone.

View post
This function rotates the surface to the width of the phone, such as on tablets. It can be set via the main screen preferences. ZenFone 5 and ZenFone Max M2 can do this function.

mickey10021
Rising Star II
Tomy90c

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZenFone 9 16/256GB
  2. Firmware Version: VW_32.2030.2030.26
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): System, Main screen preferences

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Why is the desktop rotation feature missing? I was surprised that the ZenFone 9 doesn't have this feature when older ZenFones did. Is it possible to activate this function somehow? It is suitable when using the phone in the car or with original accessories such as the Connex Smart Stand.

Why is the desktop rotation feature missing?
It's hidden in developer options by press version multiple times in about to unlock dev settings
image.png

Tomy90c
Star III
mickey10021

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/64171/why-is-the-desktop-rotation-feature-missing

It's hidden in developer options by press version multiple times in about to unlock dev settings

image.png

View post
@mickey10021 After turning on the developer mode, I did not find this option there. I also thought it was hiding there, but it's not there. I have a ZenFone 9 16/256GB with Android 12 (I'm not in the Android 13 Beta program). Or is it hiding somewhere?

Tomy90c
Star III
Mansi_ASUS

Hey @Tomy90c, this feature is currently not available in the Zenfone 9. However, thanks for your feedback, I'll forward it to the respective team.

View post
@Mansi_ASUS Thank you and I will look forward to this feature.

Kazionator
Star III
@Tomy90c do you mean this button?
screenshot-20220922-152025-281-29.jpg