This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to unlock Bootloader on Zenfone 9 and Zenfone 10

totmakina
Star III

 Because the bootloader could not be unlocked on Zenfone 9, I decided to write to Asus Support to be told when it would be possible to unlock the bootloader on Z9 and Z10. The response I received was that it would no longer be possible to unlock the boot on any of these phones. Upon receiving this news I decided not to buy the Z10. I think it is a big mistake that Asus has decided that the boot cannot be unlocked. I don't know if they will change their mind, but there will be many of us who decide NOT to buy it.

IMG_20230804_201848_727.jpg

53 REPLIES 53

**bleep**, someone will take a look at my phone tomorrow, I really like the phone, I got the 16gb and 256gb, if only I can install Paranoid Android or maybe OMNI rom, would really love to keep it. I hope they turn it on tonight😊😭😁

I really hope that's the case and the tool will return. Doesn't make sense tho, no reason to remove it. It could remain as is until the updated version is ready and replaces the current one. Maybe they did to check reactions and how much people care about it and act accordingly.

Yes quite likely

lclclc777
Star III

personally i believe it's much more complex than just overhaul of an app, this whole unlock tool needs to collect Dat from your phone send it to db there and provide unlock keys, either they have messed up their db and doesn't have the data they need to provide or just changing the whole process of unlocking which then i could imagine that they need to have it offline completely. But to not have the unlock tool could just make the phone be jailbreakable... let's hope that some nice skilled hacker could get in it unofficial way 😉

Toffyjan
Star II

According to my information from ASUS...It looks like ASUS are undergoing a significant redesign of their unlocking tool and the competing of the development in the 3rd quarter of 2023 or maybe on Sep or October. We have to wait.