This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to unlock Bootloader on Zenfone 9 and Zenfone 10

totmakina
Star III

 Because the bootloader could not be unlocked on Zenfone 9, I decided to write to Asus Support to be told when it would be possible to unlock the bootloader on Z9 and Z10. The response I received was that it would no longer be possible to unlock the boot on any of these phones. Upon receiving this news I decided not to buy the Z10. I think it is a big mistake that Asus has decided that the boot cannot be unlocked. I don't know if they will change their mind, but there will be many of us who decide NOT to buy it.

IMG_20230804_201848_727.jpg

53 REPLIES 53

Piyazon
Star I

What the hell, But they saied they will enable unlock in Q3 this year before. I  bought zenfone 9, and waiting for this bootloader unlock for a while now !!!1

This is what they answered me. We would have to go protesting so that they enable the unlocking again in Zenfone 9 and Zenfone 10

Hello everyone,
Apologies for the confusion. 
I believe that the service team misunderstood the situation.

The unlock tool is unavailable at this moment but we are working on it, please stay tuned.

Thank you for this clarification. The unlock tool is unavailable since april 2023. I hope they fix it soon.