This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to play amazon prime video on Android 13

r2devmx
Star I

Amazon Prime video requires to disable hardware acceleration to reproduce video, also  HBO Max has video decoding issues, the audio works but it has extremely glitchy video.

18 REPLIES 18

ronaldtravix
Star I

It seems like Amazon Prime Video might be facing compatibility issues with the new Android 13. To address this problem, try disabling hardware acceleration as Amazon Prime Video often requires it to play videos smoothly. Additionally, it's worth noting that HBO Max may also experience video decoding problems on this platform, resulting in glitchy visuals while the audio continues to work. Hopefully, these issues will be addressed in future updates. :television::mobile_phone: #Android13 #AmazonPrimeVideo #HBOMax #TechTroubles

ronaldtravix
Star I

It appears that the latest Android 13 may not be compatible with Amazon Prime Video. As Amazon Prime Video frequently needs hardware acceleration to play videos smoothly, you can try removing it to solve this issue. It's also important to keep in mind that HBO Max may encounter difficulties with video decoding on this platform, resulting in jerky images while the audio functions normally. We anticipate that these problems will be resolved in upcoming updates...

Jimmyjohn
Star I

I've encountered a similar problem with Amazon Prime Video on my Android 13 device. To address this issue, I suggest disabling hardware acceleration in your settings, as this often helps improve video playback. Additionally, it's worth noting that HBO Max can have some video decoding issues on certain Android devices. While the audio typically functions correctly, the video playback can be noticeably glitchy. Staying on top of app and system updates is advisable to ensure the optimal streaming experience. I hope these suggestions prove helpful in resolving the playback issues you're experiencing.

Mooka
Star I

HBO still doesn't work correctly. Glitch all the time.  Asus fix it....