Aligosla
Rising Star I

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 33.0804.2060.73
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time I try to take a picture
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):  Asus Camera App
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

After the release of Android 13, there was a setback in the photo camera. It takes a long time to shoot the photo and this causes blurring even during the day. I was forced to use the Gcam and in this video you can see the comparison of the speed between the two... Gcam is ABSOLUTELY superior, it's a shame because when I just bought the Zenfone 9 the camera was working fine. You can compare in the attached video

It is not possible for a newly released high-end phone worth $829 to take such poor quality photos. It's a mockery of users, I feel like Asus is laughing at us. It seems to me a lack of respect for the user.

even the selfie is embarrassing, the Gcam on the Zenfone 9 takes very good selfies, the Asus stock camera takes disgusting selfies.

Please I hope you guys fix it or I'll make sure everyone never buy any asus product.
I can't recommend an expensive product that doesn't work well

5 REPLIES 5

JaimeMKV
Star I

Unfortunately, I must agree.

Android 13 has seen a step back for stock camera in this phone.

Aligosla
Rising Star I

Days have passed and no one is able to give a solution. I hope that in the next update they will improve the camera, GCam on the same Asus Zenfone 9 gives better results than the Stock camera. 

Same phone, same hardware. GCam is superior 

I can only report the same issue, I bought the phone expecting much higher results, the gimbal is perfect, just perfect, you can just imagine the photo results if it was used smartly to let the sensor absorb more light, and details... since the sensor would be just fixed in place ! by adding a bit of algorithms magic you could solve the low detail problem, which is just a lack of "well meant" elaboration. there are all the means for this product to be the gem it deserves to be.

Gardini
Star I

Same problem, the selfie camera is very slow, especially when the screen acts as a flash, it's unuseable. Gcam works fine. They should fix such a bad defect.