dimitarsh1
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 9 ASUS_AI2202
Firmware Version: WW_32.2030.2030.26
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: alwaus
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
I both my phone the end of July. On the 27 of August I noticed my screen is scratched. I don't have a screen protector, but I am very careful with my phone - never put it in pockets with keys or in best pockets with loads of stuff or throw it around. So I contacted Asus Netherlands but they said it's not part of the warranty, because it is CID (customer inflicted damage). However, that's really ridiculous given the high specs of the glass (Corning gorilla Victus). I tried to talk to them further, send them pictures, they then contacted Taiwan and after some days of back and forth - they refused to help.

Any suggestions? Does anybody else have such an issue after using the phone for less than a month? Did I just get a phone with a bad gorilla glass?

Thank you in advance,
Kind regards,
Dimitar
screenshot-20220831-092526-whatsapp.jpg
screenshot-20220831-092447-whatsapp.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

sipahi061
Star III
I don't think there is anything else to do. Unfortunately you have a scratched phone screen, I don't see how it could be a bad gorilla glass. I think putting a screen protector would have been the way to prevent all of this headache.

Mattias_ASUS
Dear @dimitarsh1
I'm pretty sure It's not that they refused to help because they didn't want to, it's just something that is not covered by warranty and the next best thing would have been to change the glass panel and that would have been not a very cost-effective solution for you since the whole panel must be changed, this is common for every phone manufacturer.
Gorilla Glass Victus is of course resistant but not indestructible, that's why people still recommend screen protectors for all mobile phone devices.
And since the glass can't make scratches by itself, it is considered "CID" Customer inflicted damage when these things happen.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
glass is glass, there is no "good" or bad glass.
Its clearly user induced as it wasnt like this when you got the phone. We don't know the cause but you defnitely mistreated your phone at some point. Also keys are not hard anought to scratch the phone. Looks to me like you dropped it.

iamthegr1n
Star III
Danishblunt

glass is glass, there is no "good" or bad glass.

Its clearly user induced as it wasnt like this when you got the phone. We don't know the cause but you defnitely mistreated your phone at some point. Also keys are not hard anought to scratch the phone. Looks to me like you dropped it.

View post
That is not true. I can scratch any Victus or not screen with my keys. Everything depends on the hardness.
But like the others said - this is a user made thing, that is not covered by device warranty.
You could replace the glass, or try to polish it and put a tempered glass on it. It still will be visible, but definitely less annoying.