Did you mean: 

Permissions settings getting defaulted

LukeBiel
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Z9
Firmware Version: 2040
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: hard to tell, after every reboot?
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): system

========================================
Hello, I have a problem, every now and then the permission settings, like to allow access to a file storage (for a file manager) got defaulted and I need to go into settings and set it up again.
The same applies for a gallery, why do I need to allow Google Photos to be a media management app again and again?
I'm not sure what triggers defaulting of these settings, but I guess it is a reboot.
Could you kindly fix the system to remember these settings?
screenshot-20221008-095906-files-by-google.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @LukeBiel,
Can you share the log details with us, since it'll help the R&D team analyze the exact issue-
Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

LukeBiel
Rising Star I
Hello @Mansi_ASUS , how do you want me to log a behavior that happens during a reboot? Could you advise?
App permissions are fine, I reboot and once the phones boots up again, they are gone.
Please advise

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @LukeBiel,
The logging tool continues to function even if the phone is rebooting. The logging tool has to be switched off manually by entering ".09595+=" in the calculator.
As for the logging category, you have to with the General log. Please follow the above method and share the log file via PM.

LukeBiel
Rising Star I
Hi @mandysun2006@Mansi_ASUS , actually it is not needed anymore as on the latest 33.0804.2050.38 the issue hasn't happened yet. All good after a reboot. Photos remain as a media gallery app, file explorers kept their permissions as well