Netbox
Star III

Model Name: ZenFone 9

16GB Version 

Firmware Version: WW_33.0804.2060.142

Not rooted

Android v13

This latest update has broken the WiFi on my ZenFone 9

If I am connected to WiFi and then leave my house and go out of range of the WiFi (miles away), my ZenFone 9 still shows that I am connected to the WiFi (without any actual connection or internet).

It is NOT releasing the WiFi connection and switching over to mobile data.

This is also the same if I am at home and physically turn off my router. My ZenFone 9 still shows that I am connected to WiFi and doesn't go into mobile data.

My phone was working perfectly fine before this last update and it's obviously broken something.

I've tried rebooting etc but it doesn't help.

The only way to switch over to mobile data is to manually turn off my WiFi on my ZenFone 9

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Netbox
Star III

Many thanks for the replies to those who made suggestions.

I actually managed to find out what the problem(s) were.

After hunting through the WiFi and mobile data settings I found that the setting "Turn on WiFi automatically" had somehow turn itself off after the update in the WiFi settings and also in the mobile data settings the setting "switch to mobile data automatically" had also turned itself off.

Switching both of those back on managed to restore my ZenFone 9 to the state it was before the update.

I have no idea why the update would turn either of these settings off but they were certainly switched on before and my WiFi and mobile data connected no matter where I was.

At least I now have a working phone again and thanks for the suggestions to those who offered advice.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Aligosla
Rising Star I

The only thing we were hoping for was that they would fix bugs. Instead they created new bugs lol 

landsome
Rising Star II

I've had a lag for a while with switching between home network and lte - but not more than a delay. Same with latest firmware. Do you have mobile data always active switched on or off in developer options? 

sunny1241
Star III

clear cache from the mobile manager and reboot the phone, hope it will fix it... 

Netbox
Star III

Many thanks for the replies to those who made suggestions.

I actually managed to find out what the problem(s) were.

After hunting through the WiFi and mobile data settings I found that the setting "Turn on WiFi automatically" had somehow turn itself off after the update in the WiFi settings and also in the mobile data settings the setting "switch to mobile data automatically" had also turned itself off.

Switching both of those back on managed to restore my ZenFone 9 to the state it was before the update.

I have no idea why the update would turn either of these settings off but they were certainly switched on before and my WiFi and mobile data connected no matter where I was.

At least I now have a working phone again and thanks for the suggestions to those who offered advice.