cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual band WiFi - screen Cast

sr67
Star I

Greetings,

In order to screen Cast on my ZenFone 9 I must turn off Dual band however IAM not able to turn off Dual band because it is not highlighted as an option to turn off thus it's always on.

Perhaps my electronics knowledge is limited on how to deal with this. Does anyone have advice on how to fix this obstacle please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

But have you checked the settings? Go to settings / networks & internet / internet and scroll down until you see the dual band WiFi option. And it turns it off. 

To get here faster, press and hold the Wi-Fi button in your top drop-down menu. 

By disabling the dual band you can share the screen (even if you have bluetooth activated).

Screenshot_20230429-115942_Settings.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @sr67,

Have you enabled Bluetooth?
Also, could you please share a screenshot of your WiFi settings?

Hi, thanks for responding.  Bluetooth is active. I have a screenshot but unable to upload cause I use Google's photos the Asus photos is turned off. Upload on this site only possible if I use the Asus apps which I don't. The screenshot basically shows the dual band WiFi is on but not highlighted for turning it off.

Thanks you 🙏

But have you checked the settings? Go to settings / networks & internet / internet and scroll down until you see the dual band WiFi option. And it turns it off. 

To get here faster, press and hold the Wi-Fi button in your top drop-down menu. 

By disabling the dual band you can share the screen (even if you have bluetooth activated).

Screenshot_20230429-115942_Settings.jpg

Thank you very much for your assistance!

Although I followed four step by step instructions, the option (switch) was not highlighted thus unable to switch dual-mode off. 

However, whilst I was there, I noticed that the reason I could not switch dual-mode off was because the settings was on high performance 🤔 thus I switched it over to Dynamic performance and dual-mode was automatically turned off. So all in all, problem is solved 🙏