This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Allow options to configure gesture trigger areas conflicting with android's back swipes

ILoveCompacts
Star III

I use a series of apps for quick access to other apps in order to keep my home screen clean. Most of these require swipes from the edge of the screen. The problem with this is that the gesture conflicts with Android's back swipe (also from edge of screen). so it's either impossible to use or i need to be VERY precise. (I note that this is an android design issue, as google's decision with go with these gesture conflicts with many other apps. e.g. those that used to need a left side swipe to bring out the menu)

Suggest for options to either:

1. Set priority of the gesture triggers between system and apps. I noticed that Asus's own Edge tool seemly has higher priority and is not affected by this gesture conflict
  2. Disable android back swipes on home screen. Personally i only need the quick access on home screen. The android back swipes are technically not required in the home screen. This would not work for those tool bar apps which some ppl what to be able to access from other app pages. 
  3. Allow for adjusting the android system's back swipe's trigger area. this would allow users to configure in accordance to their layout (currently we can do some adjustments in width(sensitivity), but not height and position)

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @ILoveCompacts,
Your feedback along with your other suggestions has been forwarded to the relevant department.

ILoveCompacts
Star III

Thanks!

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.