Camera quality issues on Asus Zenfone 9

Guciu
Star III
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 9 8/128GB
Firmware Version: 30.2040.2040.23
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera

Camera is unfortunately my biggest dissapointment. It has all hardware features to be at least Very Good but I have the feeling that software is ruining the results.
Pictures are oversharp, in every momentt. It really looks dramatic. It looks bad already in standard focus 1x and when you switch to 2x... wow, how can it be that someone didn't notice it.
In general colours are not stable. Sometimes colours are great, saturated enough and just live. Then you take second picture, in the same place, same object and colours are just washed, dark and faded.
It is very unstable colour saturation and generally exposition between regular camera lens and ultrawide. Ultrawide is less saturated definitely. Would be good to have the same when you switch between.
Front camera, again, faded, low contrast. Nothing to add.
I switched from my Mate 20 Pro thinking that Zenfone is a flagship, 4 years new but I see Huawei was just great photo phone, really great.
========================================

3 REPLIES 3

molznator
Star II
Yes, the camera is not the best.
Someone said, that in Android 13 Beta they improved camerasoftware a lot. I cant download A13 beta, because i am not selected by asus to test it.
Anyway....

Guciu
Star III
Me too, I signed up but didn't receive invitation. Fingers crossed it is true and soon we will have real flahship camera quality.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.