gyannogueira
Star II

Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: latest
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera app
========================================

Apparently I am not the only one with this problem. The back camera is blurred all the time, it tries to focus and it just cant. This is annoying for a phone that costs just under the premium price, and since the camera actually comes out of the phone shell, you would expect it to be decent and trouble free. Soon going to have a baby and will only be able to take pics of him with selfie camera. Also saw that I can send it to repair, which needs a fac reset on my now fully set up phone. I dont have time for this shambles, I need my phone to work, hence I paid this price.

Never ever ever will buy anything from ASUS again.

Having said this, if someone has a fix, please let me know!

Happy new year

18 REPLIES 18

Mansi_ASUS

Hey,

This issue is currently being analyzed by the R&D. However, I do need the following information from your end-

• Are all of you currently on the A13 FW?
  • Did the issue begin to occur right after the FW update?

Hi, currently A13 FW and not sure if it started right after an update, but the camera was working initially.

Thanks, finally someone from Asus replied, and let us know that the problem is being looked at!

Same issue here, came after the latest upgrade, but not sure if it happened instantly or came creeping.

Hi Mansi. 

I have the same issue, the focus of the main camera (not ultrawide) seems "stuck" and everything farther than 1.5-2m is very blurry (even with manual focus, nothing changes). It started for me around Christmas, I was using Android 12. Since then I have upgraded to 13 and noticed no positive or negative changes. 

Same here as the others, can't focus outside the 1 meter range on the 1x main module/lens.