gyannogueira
Star II

Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: latest
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera app
========================================

Apparently I am not the only one with this problem. The back camera is blurred all the time, it tries to focus and it just cant. This is annoying for a phone that costs just under the premium price, and since the camera actually comes out of the phone shell, you would expect it to be decent and trouble free. Soon going to have a baby and will only be able to take pics of him with selfie camera. Also saw that I can send it to repair, which needs a fac reset on my now fully set up phone. I dont have time for this shambles, I need my phone to work, hence I paid this price.

Never ever ever will buy anything from ASUS again.

Having said this, if someone has a fix, please let me know!

Happy new year

18 REPLIES 18

jindisek
Star I

Same here - happened before upgrade to 13 and 13 did not help. I tried downgrade to 12 from 13 and it didn't help as well. I would try downgrade to previous 12 version, but I don't know how (without rooting the phone and losing the warranty) - there's downgrade image only to the latest 12 version. It looks like there is a focal length limit suddently as in the PRO mode when you focus manually to infinity - it's still not enough for a wall 3 meters away from me. I would love to get official info about progress on this issue, otherwise I'll be forced to return this phone under warranty.

jindisek
Star I

Hi guys. Had my Zenfone repaired under warranty. They say the camera components and related components were replaced. The focus works well now under Android 13 (WW_33.0804.2060.88).

4ng13x
Star I

Model Name: Zenfone 9

Firmware Version: latest

Rooted or not: Not

Frequency of Occurrence: Always

APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera original app from asus

========================================

I am having the same problem,

The camara can't focus, videos and images look horrible. 

I did a few reset to the camera settings to see if it was that i changed something accidentally and nope. The camera still looks blurred and refuses to focus.

#Zenfone9 #Camera

Sirandrew214
Star II

I had same problem. Tried resetting, but it didn't help.

So i delivered it to service, and they put in a new camera, that was the only way to fix it.

It was covered by the warranty, and it now works perfect again

Mansi_ASUS

If the main lens cannot focus, it's most likely a hardware issue. Please contact your nearest repair center and get your device examined.