This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS "Unlock Device App"

T3chDelicious
Star II

Since my question was deleted in an open thread by the moderators I open my own. Many customers are facing the problem that they can't unlock their devices with the official app by ASUS (probably server down) and the moderators seems do doge every post or question about it but I will it try it again to ask.

If a moderator reads this - please be transparent about this topic. Many of your customers can't unlock their phones because of this issue and no further information is given to us. This problem exist now over a month and still there is no official information about this. Many people would be very thankful if a moderator would give us more insight about this and on when this issue will be fixed or if it ever will be fixed. 

ASUS as a big company should doing better with this kind of situation. And as a owner of a ASUS smartphone - it is our right to unlock the bootloader of said phones so resolving this issue should have some priority and most importantly - it should be resolved.

Much thanks in advance

50 REPLIES 50

Mansi_ASUS

Hey everyone,
The unlock tool is being updated and is expected to re-launch during Q3 of this year.

THANK YOU for providing some informations about this situation. Very glad to read that ASUS will let its users unlock their devices again but Q3 is still a bit away just for an updated app. Anyway - thank you very much for letting me/us know.

alright, so just wait for it, but it's Q3 this year or next year 🤣, just joking

Hello,

As a long-term customer of Asus devices, I am honestly baffled by the fact that Asus simply cut the possibility of unlocking the bootloader for (not only) the Asus Zenfone 9.

I consider this a major setback for myself as I fully intended to take advantage of unlocking the bootloader of my device to be able to fully utilize its capabilities via third-party code. I am well aware that such actions are not recommended by unauthorized personnel. However, simply cutting this possibility is a sad thing to do.

I will continue watching this situation closely. However, I will strongly re-evaluate my loyalty to this brand as I do not understand these actions, and the communication has been poor, let alone the action itself, which is mind-boggling, to say the least. I would expect such behavior from a low-level Chinese brand, not from Asus. Like I said, the future will tell how you decide to handle this mess in the end, but the signs are not looking good.

It has been weeks now since we have not been able to unlock our bootloaders. No explanation, no communication, only a vague "Q3 maybe" from a moderator. Appalling, really.

Anonymous
Not applicable

A very nice summary of pretty much everyone's feelings I assume. I had a bit of faith that they would keep true to this vague status update, and this Q3 2023 date also seems to align with the launch of the Zenfone 10.

Upon browsing another thread related to this situation however, it seems someone received a different, and much more concerning response from Asus France, here.

Are they referring to this old one that is being retired, and the wording was just poor? Clearly the various different internal departments have been made aware of this event in some form or another, but as you stated, were still lacking an actual public, formal update on the situation. I emailed (apparently) their U.S. customer support/headquarters asking if they could provide us with any sort of official statement publicly, and I hope for the best, even though I expect the worse.