A13 broke Polar H10 pulse monitor

DeferYr
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: both 33.0804.2060.73 and 33.0804.2060.65
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): various, main is Polar Beat
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Thank you guys for fixing GPS on A13, but now there's a BT problem. I train & record my trainings with the phone, so gps + BT combo is vital for me. Here's a situation with BT after A13 upgrade:
external sound devices pair & work (jbl soundgear)
Govee temperature sensors work, in their application
Polar H10 sensor won't pair from the BT menu and won't work in 3 application - Polar Beat, Polar EKG and Elite HRV
This sensor was working in all those apps on A12 firmware (but GPS was not).
Here're two screenshot from Polar app - sensor is visible and detected, but no heartbeat and no battery info is received. And the last one shows that the polar sensor is indeed detected.
screenshot-20221225-002306-asus-launcher.jpg
screenshot-20221225-002344-asus-launcher.jpg
screenshot-20221225-002408-asus-launcher.jpg

@Mansi_ASUS can you take a look? BT is really important nowdays 😞
9 REPLIES 9

Se issue zenfon 8. Help!

Anyone on it?

aoeu
Star I

Same problem here. Is there a workaround? Otherwise I should return the device while I still can.

Mansi_ASUS

Hey everyone,

There seem to be some compatibility issues with Polar H10 and Android 13 devices. Similar compatibility problems have been mentioned on Reddit by other phone users- https://www.reddit.com/r/Polarfitness/comments/zesxpq/h10_bluetooth_issues/.

We have reported the issue to the device manufacturer (Polar H10) and it is recommended that you do the same.

bizzy2000
Star I

Update the Polar H10 firmware as describe here to version 3.2

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.