This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A washout defect/light-spot just appeared on my display.

rveez311
Star I

It occurs in the lower third, center of the display. The spot is about the size of the thumbprint.

The spot is most noticeable when viewing a scrolling white background with dark text. Also, if I max out the brightness, it's not as noticeable.  

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/q1SbOLTymY8 

Has anyone else seen this happen on their Zenfone 9 before?

Model # AI2202
Firmware Build # WW_33.0804.2060.8

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like fiso34.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @rveez311,

Based on the video you've shared, it seems like a hardware defect. I recommend you contact your nearest Asus service center and get your device examined.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @rveez311,

Based on the video you've shared, it seems like a hardware defect. I recommend you contact your nearest Asus service center and get your device examined.

Friagram
Star I

I just got this too. It appeared out of nowhere. There is a square shape. It looks like a microchip pressing against the display. Can see a 3mm bordered rectangle that is about 2cm by 2cm.

Have you contacted Asus about it for warranty coverage?

I don't know if you're in the USA or not but I am so I sent it in for warranty repair to the Asus Service Center in Indiana.

It took a couple weeks for them to diagnose and repair my phone. I'm guessing they just replaced the screen. But it fixed my screen problem.

Good luck.

I set up a RMA today. Took nearly 90 minutes of my time on the phone troubleshooting and getting RMA started. Then another 30 minutes to pack everything, label, and ship. It also cost me $40 USD to send. Can't say I am happy with the service. I hope they can fix it, and it won't happen again. I am thinking the battery expanded and pushed on the display. There is probably some rectangular piece behind the display (cable, heat shielding, etc). I have always charged the battery to 80%, and used slow charging each day. Only 2 or 3 times did I ever use fast charging. The past week I have had some issues charging the phone. I assumed the USBC port was loose or the cable was failing. However, changing cables and chargers did nothing. The phone was never dropped or abused.

I think this is the last Asus product I will ever buy. The warranty support is not good. We only get 2 years of updates, wifi calling does not work, visual voicemail does not work, and it has hardware defects.