I've recently bought a Garmin Venu 2, tried connecting my Zenfone8 to it with the Garmin Connect app to no avail. I've looked for ways online far and wide but cant find a solution. Apparently it has something to do with Android 13. Please advise on ways to connect. FYI, I typed the password correctly every time but the same message keeps pop up.
Hello there, thanks for replying. Yes I've tried all solutions provided to no avail. Nothing seems to work. Even Garmin official staff/technical support staff at physical store can't help me.. they paired successfully with other phone but when come to my Zenfone 8 it just failed repeatedly...
Can you verify that you have the latest Garmin connect app? If you are on the latest, please provide me with a Bluetooth log + a screen vide of the issue so I can send this to our team, Thank you!
How to generate a log:
1. Open “Calculator APP”
2. Enter “.19595+=”
3. Select the Log type [Bluetooth] according to the type of issue you want to capture. “General cases” will work for most issues.
4. After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5. Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)
Thanks for replying, below are the links to the screen record and log, also a screenshot of playstore, where there is no update available for Garmin connect, therefor it should be the latest version.
I just received word back from our team and based on the log, the pairing process is disconnected by the Garmin watch. Please try the following steps to try and troubleshoot:
1. Reset the watch
2. If you've paired it with another phone, please remove it from the other phone
3. Try these steps from the Garmin site, if you've already tried them (I recommend you do them again), you can skip this step. https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/GUID-D93137A9-B374-4A24-8A4D-A66C9AC91265/EN-US/GUID-4442F80...
4. If the above methods don't work, let me know
Hello again, thanks for getting back to me.. I've tried it the pass few days and it still doesn't work.. my wife's Samsung phone pairs without a problem though.. so I don't think it's the problem with the watch? to clarify, I do follow all the steps including reset after and before pairing with another phone..
Hope to hear from your team soon!