cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 is totally black

TheManiac
Visitor

Hello,

I bought a Zenfone 8 via the Asus Online Store in May 2022 (SKU: 90AI0061-M00090 - 8 GB /256 GB). It was working great until last week when it stopped working completely. I wasnt charging or anything. It was in my pocket and when I wanted to check it was dead. So I thought it wasnt charged. I put it on the charger and noticed it turned really hot (my guess at least about 50°). Then I put it off the charger and tried to put it on again but nothing - not even a single light flashes or anything.

I was off for a week for a conference and bought another phone (Zenfone 10) while I still was really happy with the Zenfone 8 I am ok with using my new one now but I would really like to get all the data from my old phone.

Anybody can help with this?

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@TheManiac 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.

WhiteWalker86
Star I

If you have a windows computer install the free Clockwork Mod Universal Adb Driver you can fine here [ https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MOBILES/Clockworkmod/Clockworkmod-Universal-Android-ADB-Driver.sht... ] first (may need to google how to allow test signature to install it properly) and install it. Next install the free  Minimal Adb & Fastboot tool on it you can find here. [ https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=746010030569952951#google_vignette ]. Then you can use a usb to usb-c cable to connect the Zenfone 8 to a charging port on the PC  to see if it is recognized in Device Manager under the driver you just installed. If it ain't, try hooking the cable to your new phone to make sure you installed the software correctly since it should show up for sure if you did. You can just open a command prompt as an administrator and type "adb devices" to see if it is connected over adb in which case you can easily get your files transferred  using the "adb pull" command after a quick google how it is done or if it is not connected to adb type "fastboot devices" to see if it turns up there. If it shows up in fastboot type "fastboot reboot" and see if it boots up. If it don't type "fastboot getvar all" to see which boot slot you are currently using in the read out. You want to switch to the opposite boot slot by typing "fastboot ---set-active=a" if you are currently using the "b" slot or "fastboot ---set-active=b" if you are currently using the "a" slot before trying to reboot the phone again by typing "fastboot reboot."  If that don't work you can try to google a guide to install and use the Qualcomm qfiil tool, but you are probably **bleep**ed honestly since anything beyond that gets to be more trouble than the average person casually using a phone would likely find worthwhile to even try. If you can connect over adb or fastboot you can at least more than likely save your device though, just without any data. If you do not have a PC you said you just got a Zenfone 10 so you could download the Bugjaeger Premium app for free here https://filecr.com/android/bugjaeger-premium/ or buy it from the Google Play store and install it. Use your usb-c to usb-c charging cable to connect the charging port of the Zenfone 8 to the Zenfone 10 making sure you got a decent amount of battery and after enabling developer options in your settings so you can turn on usb debugging and allow  files to be transfered over usb. Open the app and try using the same commands listed above with the android version of adb and fastboot without the hassle of installing drivers on Windows. Sorry if I just wasted your time, just thought it could possibly be helpful.