This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 8 died suddenly

Shan03
Star II

My phone joined the ongoing list of bricked ZenFone 8 phones last week while travelling (added a whole new layer of difficulty to the trip as I could not access my bank account or email or anything, luckily I was not travelling solo and had a credit card with me).

Purchase date: June 2022

Bricked date: April 2024

Country purchased in: Australia

Serial #: M4A**********

Not rooted 

I was taking pictures at the time and the phone just went black screen on me.  The battery was sitting around 15% at the time.  I have tried multiple combinations of the power button and volume down, power button and volume up, holding the power button on for 60 seconds, plugged it in using the charging cable that came with the phone and the red charging led light flashed a few times before going non responsive as well, left it on the charger overnight and still non responsive, tried holding the power button on while unplugging and plugging in the charging cable, I've plugged the cable that came with the phone into my battery pack and the battery pack seems to drain while the phone is attached but nothing happens when I try any of the buttons on the phone, the phone feels warm so the battery is charging but the charging percentage screen on the phone does not display - the screen has been completely black since the day it died last week, the led charging light is not on and the phone is completely non responsive to all buttons.

I just want my photos, I don't care about the phone itself as I was planning on upgrading anyways (I had been looking at the newer ZenFone models but will be looking elsewhere now, wish I could go back to Sony but they've stopped selling phones in Australia which was why I chose the ZenFone 8 in the first place).

I've added to this topic as well:

https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/zenfone-8/to-asus-and-all-owners-of-a-dead-zenfone-8/td-p/405921

Please Asus just help me get my data back

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@Shan03 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.

The inconvenience is I've lost EVERYTHING on my phone.  My work calendar, my work app (that I can't get anymore because the app is discontinued), my payslips that were saved on the phone, other documents that were saved on the phone, photos (I do back up my pictures but it had been a couple of months and I've lost photos of friends and family that can't be replaced).  This is more than an "inconvenience" and the fact that the only repair facility in Australia is on the other side of the country and does not do data recovery is completely unacceptable.