cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 can not activate wifi after upgrade to andoid 13

free4ust
Star I

Hi , 

I have issue on my zenfone 8 after upgrade to android 13, wifi can not activate after this upgrade. 

I have follow some instruction from admin/moderator forum to activate wifi, but all procedure still can not activate wifi. 

I have taken my zenfone 8 to asus service centre, but asus service centre asked for IDR 8.000.000 / more than USD 500 for mainboard replacement and my phone guarantee was expired. 

I think its not acceptable for costly replacement, this problem is from the software after upgrade, but why mainboard must be replace? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Falcon_ASUS

@free4ust 
According to what you described, please refer to the following FAQ to try to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi problem first. 
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1006657
If the issue persists, I have PM you for confirming your product warranty.
Please check the PM inbox at the top right corner of the screen and kindly provide the requested information.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Falcon_ASUS

@free4ust 
According to what you described, please refer to the following FAQ to try to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi problem first. 
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1006657
If the issue persists, I have PM you for confirming your product warranty.
Please check the PM inbox at the top right corner of the screen and kindly provide the requested information.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

My phone has been in the service center since January 27 2024 until now. And there has been no response after I asked why I had to replace the mainboard if the problem was with the software. Moreover, my warranty period has expired, so to spend the same amount of money when buying a new Zenfone 8, in my opinion, is unreasonable. Even though I've been using a Zenfone since the 2 Laser Edition, Zenfone 6 Flip, Zenfone 8 and this time, ( Zenfone 8 ) i feel disappointed. I hope there is another solution to deal with this problem without changing the mainboard because the problem appeared after upgrading Android 13, not on the machine 😞

2 seconds ago

Hi there. I have exact same issue. Any help or fix you got? Definately firmware related

nvubu
Rising Star I

Please also post into the thread titled "To Asus and all owners of a dead Zenfone 8"