This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is every thread regarding the 3.5 mm jacket closed without a solution has been reached?

ZT-cc6941dc
Star I
Hi!
I bought my Zenfone 8 two weeks ago without knowing about the 3.5 mm jacket issue (phone hangs and reboots after 2 minutes with the headphone plugged in.
After searching for a solution, I see a lot of threads with people having the same problem, and every one of those threads is closed without a solution reached.
Why is that? Is ASUS completely ignoring the problem or unable to fix it?
I have tried everything people suggested (make sure that Android 11 was updated with the latest patches, then updated to Android 12), but nothing helps. The freeze and reboot appear approximately after nearly 2 minutes of talk time only when using plugged-in earphones (tried four different brand new ones), and never when using the speakerphone or a Bluetooth headset.
The main reason for (at least for me) buying this phone was for the 3.5 mm jacket. This is sad.

Best regards, Thomas
8 REPLIES 8

landsome
Rising Star II
ZT-cc6941dc

Hi!

I bought my Zenfone 8 two weeks ago without knowing about the 3.5 mm jacket issue (phone hangs and reboots after 2 minutes with the headphone plugged in.

After searching for a solution, I see a lot of threads with people having the same problem, and every one of those threads is closed without a solution reached.

I have tried everything people suggested (make sure that Android 11 was updated with the latest patches, then updated to Android 12), but nothing helps. The freeze and reboot appear approximately after nearly 2 minutes of talk time only when using plugged-in earphones (tried four different brand new ones), and never when using the speakerphone or a Bluetooth headset.

The main reason for (at least for me) buying this phone was for the 3.5 mm jacket. This is sad.

Best regards, Thomas

Why is every thread regarding the 3.5 mm jacket closed without a solution has been reached?
Interesting. Never had this problem...

stilha
Star I
I can just ask the same. It is not a new bug. It have exist for a long time..
For me it happends everytime I doing a call using a headset with a 3.5mm plug.
is it a HW problem that is impossible to fix and ASUS doesn't want to say this because that will result in a massive return numbers or?
I have SW version WW_20.12.112.72
I selected the Zenfone 8 just because it had the 3.5mm + nice physical size of the phone. I searched for a compact version of a phone but this was the only one close to that.. but maybe it is time to return it. Doing a call is the ONE most basic functions that should be possible to do.

landsome
Rising Star II
ZT-cc6941dc

Hi!

Best regards, Thomas

Are you sure that's exactly the firmware version? It looks a bit weird.

zack4332
Star II
I've experienced this same issue since I received the phone last year, and have posted here about it. ASUS did provide an update at a certain point in time last year which seemed to have 'fixed' the issue, however the issue came back after that update was superseded.
Have you tried turning VoLTE off? Some users have suggested trying this, which I've recently tried, and it works for me so far, but I'm waiting for the next update to see if it impacts this possible solution.
An actual solution from ASUS to solve this problem without having to tweak settings would be ideal, but I'll take what works for now....