This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Add Option Relating To Volume Buttons and Screen (Off)

mathgeekx999
Star II
Essentially, although this suggestion has already been asked as a part of a separate discussion, I might as well make a dedicated one in which, it would be great if, for the next security patch for the Zenfone 8, it would be possible to have the option for the volume buttons to work while the screen is off. If some people don't like their volume buttons being on while the screen is off, then they could change it in settings, and vice versa (as mentioned before), if that makes any sense?

Edit: If this were to be implemented, please don't make it so that the screen turns on when changing the volume (only for it to turn off after a few seconds) as that would invalidate the purpose of this.
6 REPLIES 6

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @mathgeekx999,
In response to your issue, you can use the volume buttons when the screen is off.
You need to press the buttons repeatedly to lower or increase the volume instead of just holding it press.

mathgeekx999
Star II
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @mathgeekx999,

In response to your issue, you can use the volume buttons when the screen is off.

You need to press the buttons repeatedly to lower or increase the volume instead of just holding it press.

View post
That does not seem to work/I've tried it several times, pressing the volume buttons, holding the volume buttons, etc., yet, that does not work. Thank you though, unless, there is a setting or such that I do not know of.

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @mathgeekx999,
Which app are we talking about?
Do you have any ear phones connected to your phone?
Please try putting the volume slider to max, start playing music, turn off the screen and then repeatedly start pressing volume down (15-20 times). Is the volume not going down at all?

mathgeekx999
Star II
Ello @Irene2_ASUS (didn't realize you could @ someone until you did it),
Not sure what you mean, though, I was referring to if I had missed a setting.
Yes and no/tested it both ways in terms of not having ear phones connects (and having them connected), while also turning the volume at max (while lowering it while the screen is off), and vice versa (increasing the volume when it's set to 0).