This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I get the Zenfone 8 or Pixel 6a?

narutokaya
Star I

I've been looking at getting a new midrange/budget phone (£350 is what I have put aside for a phone) and both of these phones are £300 brand new atm. These two are my favourites at the moment, I have done my research and I know that both phones have their pros and cons over each other (mainly the longer software support time on the pixel and the more powerful hardware in the Zenfone 8). But before I buy I wanted to here from those that actually use zenfones. Any advice appreciated. TLDR: as a Zenfone user, what do you think I should buy?

13 REPLIES 13

Youre going to be one of many. They dont care. 

They actually responded to my post and sent me a PM. We're going to explore service options. Looks like we were wrong. I am happy to be wrong if that is the case!

I'd be wary if I were you, I'm predicting "ASUS has taken my phone hostage" topic from you, you'd not be the first nor last.

LMAO. I mean that'd be a first for me. MSI's RMA process was completely and utter dogs**t and I'll never buy another MSI product again. Corsair has been great and Kingston was as well in the past. Asus I hope does right by it customers (hope it doesn't take another Gamer's Nexus piece!), it's only fair to give them a chance before getting the torches and pitchforks.

I'll keep you posted.

I've read and heard the most outragious things when it comes to ASUS customer service. Literally everything from:

- bad repair

- No repair at all, just sending back and charging money for it

- repair the issue, introduce 10 new issues

- Holding devices hostage

- Charging outragious fees and prices

- Lack of communication

- "lost" devices, no refunds

The reason ASUS has an especially bad service center experience is because they hire 3rd party centers to handle repairs and customers, these will vary greatly depending on where you live, some are excellent (ASUS sweden repair centers seem very good) and others are the worst dogsht imaginable (a good chunk in SEA area and US).

ASUS has also gotten under fire for more anti consumer bs such as the beta firmware that may cause deaths to motherboards/AMD CPU's but if it does refuse to take responsibility and offer warranty repair, it tooks countless news outlets and tech influencers to make ASUS finally change their mind.

I hope for your sanity sake that you live in an area where the service centers arent dogsht. If you think MSI is bad, you have no idea how bad ASUS service centers can get.