This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pocket ghost touches

vavriska
Star III
I'm getting horrible amount of ghost touches while I have my phone in the pocket. Glove mode is off and pocket mode is on. But the sensitivity of proximity sensor is very poor. It detects objects only a few millimeters away from screen.
Is there something that can be done about it? I have newer had this kind of problems. Coming from Galaxy S21 and LG G8s.
Thank you
38 REPLIES 38

mkumitsu
Star III
After latest firmware update pocket mode still not works. Proximity sensor don't block screen or fingerprint scanner from touch. Sensor work good during calls and switch off screen from unwanted touching so it is firmware issue for sure.

rejetto
Star III
i can confirm the problem with pocket mode above

DennisP
Star II
poke.ike3

From what i've noticed, the sensor does not react as it should (disable tap2wake/fingerprint) when it is obstructed by clothes (textiles). Even with thicker ones.

If you put your hand on it, it kind of works properly (works every time, but range is very low).

Same behavior with both pocket mode on or off, so i don't think pocket mode is the issue. More like sensor.

View post
I've the same experience, with the latest firmware.
Everything works as it should only if I touch the sensor, but it fails when I raise my hand 1-2 mm only over it.
Textiles aren't recognised at all.
____
Edit:
I made a test of the sensor via the built-in "SMMI TEST" app.
The sensor works OK at a few centimeters range, even with a light textile: I guess this "pocket mode" fault is only software related, hope it'll be solved in the next update.

Lammy
Star III
Same problem here.