cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone can't connect to WiFi6 (AX) anymore after update to .314 FW

dron39
Rising Star II

Hi.

I have Zenfone8 and Asus RT-AX68U. I had no problems with my WiFi (WiFi6) until today. Today my phone has been updated to FW WW_33.0210.0210.314 and it can't connect anymore to my WiFi6 network. It constantly trying to connect (at least 10-20 times per second because information changes on display very quickly)) with no luck. There is no problem with connection to same router regular WiFi 2.4Ghz network. I haven't done any updates to the router and haven't changed any settings in it in last few months and yesterday phone had no problem with connection to WiFi6.

Has someone else have same problem with latest FW?

How can it be fixed? Is it possible to roll-back latest FW update?

14 REPLIES 14

keren_ASUS

Hi @dron39 

Can you please let us know your location? Thank you! 

Russia. Moscow.

D_IMAN
Rising Star II

@keren_ASUS  @Falcon_ASUS  @Laura_ASUS 

Another Zenfone 8 user reported that AX works without problems with the TP-Link Archer AX55 router!

These are clearly not regional restrictions!

D_IMAN
Rising Star II

@keren_ASUS  @Laura_ASUS  @Falcon_ASUS

Keenetic technical support is wondering why ASUS is blocking AX support?

Quote from Keenetic support:
Good afternoon.

Thank you for informing. This confirms our assumption that regional blocking is triggered. That is, we, on the router’s side, cannot do anything about it.

Can. for example, set the US code, but other access points in the area broadcast the RU code, and the phone can also determine the location using other methods.

NewguyNJ2022
Star I

Fully upto date and zero issues..  maybe its model issue.  Mine is a International version Zenfone 8.  Getting duel wifi 6 at home.  Sadly no 5g for the phone.  Its 71n around me and only the USA version has that.  Still a great phone.  I just wish they did not simplify Ram CPU and other performance settings.