cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating/battery drainage after update

piivikki
Star III
Hi!
I received and installed an update now in August on my ZenFone 8 and since then my phone gets very hot when it's used. Even during calls when the screen is off. Battery also drains a lot faster after the update.
Anyone else having this problem after latest update? Something I can do to solve this? I mean other than waiting for a new update that hopefully fixes the problem.
27 REPLIES 27

fergusd84
Rising Star I
No problems here either after OTA update. No obvious heating or even warming.
Geekbench 5 just now: Single Core 1121 Multi Core 3657.
Is there a useful way of distinguishing between ostensibly identical ZenFone 8 devices (source, age, motherboard, location, .., .., ?) that might illuminate different users' very different and sometimes extremely unhappy experiences?

fergusd84
Rising Star I
Quick postscript to above:
Charging battery 1x a day. Not 2x or 3x as occasionally reported here. That would indeed be quite maddening.

Nerdye
Star III
I am charging 2~3x times a day, once overnight before I sleep till the next morning, subsequently, I have to charge my phone again around 3pm in the afternoon for around 20~30 mins. If I have a long day, I will charge it once more around 8~9pm before bedtime.
My screen on time from when I first unplug my phone in the morning till 3pm is around 3hrs. Mostly web browsing.

I have updated all the necessary apps and restarted the phone, no change to performance.
I was previously getting 5~6hrs screen on time before August 2022, I have not changed anything on my phone since, apart from the update.

Would appreciate some help on this or some acknowledgement from Asus that this is being worked on... I can't be the only one right?

Mattias_ASUS
Hi! Can you kindly write which firmware version you are on?

Grzemar
Rising Star I
Nerdye

I am charging 2~3x times a day, once overnight before I sleep till the next morning, subsequently, I have to charge my phone again around 3pm in the afternoon for around 20~30 mins. If I have a long day, I will charge it once more around 8~9pm before bedtime.

My screen on time from when I first unplug my phone in the morning till 3pm is around 3hrs. Mostly web browsing.

I have updated all the necessary apps and restarted the phone, no change to performance.

I was previously getting 5~6hrs screen on time before August 2022, I have not changed anything on my phone since, apart from the update.

Would appreciate some help on this or some acknowledgement from Asus that this is being worked on... I can't be the only one right?

View post
Try factory reset. I did this 2 days ago - phone stops heating up and battery lasts much longer.
Conclusion is simple, it is not worth updating your phone. The producer improves one thing and breaks another. I don't feel like doing a factory reset every update. I regret that I bought an ASUS, as not the problem with the motherboard, there are problems with updates. Is it serious? I had no such problems with any phone before. It's my first flagship phone and such issues are really comforting.