cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New firmware update from 20th of May - non supported google payment methods

8ithaqua8
Star II
Hello guys,
This thread is a question to support and on the other side to warn everyone from installing the new firmware on the Zenfone 8. Once installed the google pay is no longer supported for NFC payment.
Dear support - can you provide me information when you expect to have that certified?
Is there a way to roll back to the previous version as I use the phone as my mainly payment method very often?
Best regards,
Rafał
20 REPLIES 20

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
mkumitsu

After today update my device is no longer Play Protect certified either. That is why Google Pay not work.

View post
8ithaqua8

Hello guys,

This thread is a question to support and on the other side to warn everyone from installing the new firmware on the Zenfone 8. Once installed the google pay is no longer supported for NFC payment.

Dear support - can you provide me information when you expect to have that certified?

Is there a way to roll back to the previous version as I use the phone as my mainly payment method very often?

Best regards,

Rafał

Where are you from? I just ran the SafetyNet Test app and it said PASSED. Are you still experiencing that CTS is not approved

mkumitsu
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167647#Comment_167647

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/48347/new-firmware-update-from-20th-of-may-non-supported-goog...

Where are you from? I just ran the SafetyNet Test app and it said PASSED. Are you still experiencing that CTS is not approved

View post
I'm from poland and yes, still without certification.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
mkumitsu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/167659#Comment_167659

I'm from poland and yes, still without certification.

View post
Can you please run a safetynet app and show the screenshot here? Thanks!

mkumitsu
Star III
screenshot-20210520-114920727.jpg
Settings from google play: Device is not certified. Google pay still not work.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
8ithaqua8

Hello guys,

Best regards,

Rafał

Hi
It could , and likely is, a sync issue. Where it may take some time for the CTS approval to sync everywhere.
It should start working again very soon for you, perhaps within half or 1 day.

We will highlight as well to our team for this inconvenience caused.

Thank you!