This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with receiving call

madhacker3kxl
Star II
Recently, phone will not receive phone call, it gets sent directly to the voicemail. It starts to work after setting the phone in airplane mode and off. After a while it will not receive any calls again. There are issues sometimes taking a long time to initiate a call.
I am running:
Software information

Baseband version

M3.13.24.67-Sake_0000110

Kernel version

5.4.147-qgki-perf-g5a3b50d48435

builder2021@builder2021-RS720-E9-RS8-G #1 Sat Jun 11 01:23:45 CST 2022

Extension ROM

Build number

SKQ1.210821.001.31.1010.0411.89 release-keys
I have worked with asus support teams before about getting debug software running and sending data of previous phones. I am familiar with the process.
13 REPLIES 13

Rachelgomez123
Star III
Try these troubleshooting steps in order. Even if you don't find out precisely what's wrong, these tactics can resolve an array of Android smartphone problems.

Verify that you're in network. While relatively rare, dead spots still exist. You might encounter this when underground (in a basement or on mass transit) or in a rural area. Reception issues can also happen if you're near another country's border and your phone thinks you're roaming.

Make sure that airplane mode is not on. When this mode is enabled, mobile networks are disabled, and incoming phone calls go to voicemail. If Wi-Fi is on, you can still surf the web and send messages using data, though. Pull down from the top of the phone's screen to access Quick Settings, or go to Settings > Network & internet > Airplane mode to check the status.

Android settings with Network & Internet and Airplane mode highlighted
Check that mobile data is enabled. When your phone connects to a network, you should see your carrier's name. If not, a message of "not connected" or "roaming" might display.

The "Cellular Data" switch in Android settings
Contact your carrier. Have you paid your bill? Even if you have auto-pay set up, that can fail due to problems with your bank or a technical glitch. Your carrier should alert you to this, but it may be via snail mail. If there isn't a payment issue, technical support can help you check for other problems and alert you to area outages.

Restart your phone. If none of the above is the problem, this action can fix many issues.

Check for malware. Sometimes malware hits Android phones. There are a few steps you can take to remove malicious apps from your device. Rebooting your phone in safe mode is an excellent way to identify issues.

Perform a factory reset. A hard reset can take care of issues that a simple restart doesn't, but make sure you've backed up important data before doing so.

Android factory reset
Contact the manufacturer or carrier. If all else fails, the issue might be due to hardware damage or malware. Find out if it's worth repairing or how to get a replacement. If you can, bring your phone to a local store so the tech can conduct some troubleshooting.

This may help you,
Rachel Gomez

Cyslawo
Rising Star II
madhacker3kxl

Recently, phone will not receive phone call, it gets sent directly to the voicemail. It starts to work after setting the phone in airplane mode and off. After a while it will not receive any calls again. There are issues sometimes taking a long time to initiate a call.

I am running:

Software information

Baseband version

M3.13.24.67-Sake_0000110

Kernel version

5.4.147-qgki-perf-g5a3b50d48435

builder2021@builder2021-RS720-E9-RS8-G #1 Sat Jun 11 01:23:45 CST 2022

Extension ROM

Build number

SKQ1.210821.001.31.1010.0411.89 release-keys

I have worked with asus support teams before about getting debug software running and sending data of previous phones. I am familiar with the process.

Issues with receiving call
I had this issue in Poland with LG and ASUS. There was problem with my carrier, phones weren't switching from 4G to 3G when somebody called, so phones weren't call at all, i had only recieving sms message that somebody wanted to contact with me. It's easy to check - switch your phone manualy to 2G/3G (without 4G and 5G) an check. If calls start to work normally, You probably have to change phone or carrier. I switched carrier.

madhacker3kxl
Star II
Cyslawo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63359/issues-with-receiving-call

I had this issue in Poland with LG and ASUS. There was problem with my carrier, phones weren't switching from 4G to 3G when somebody called, so phones weren't call at all, i had only recieving sms message that somebody wanted to contact with me. It's easy to check - switch your phone manualy to 2G/3G (without 4G and 5G) an check. If calls start to work normally, You probably have to change phone or carrier. I switched carrier.

View post
I dont have the option to change operator. Asus phones don't support the bands other providers require. T-mobile is the most compatible one.

Cyslawo
Rising Star II
madhacker3kxl

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/226057#Comment_226057

I dont have the option to change operator. Asus phones don't support the bands other providers require. T-mobile is the most compatible one.

View post
That's sad, but try this option which I suggested - block phone only on 2G/3G an check. If everything will be okay, You can contac with T-Mobile and tell them about issue, maybe with this information they will be able to do something with issue.
And You cal still complain why if You have volte enabled phone is switching to 3G while making calls. It should work on 5G/4G.

madhacker3kxl
Star II
Cyslawo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/226065#Comment_226065

That's sad, but try this option which I suggested - block phone only on 2G/3G an check. If everything will be okay, You can contac with T-Mobile and tell them about issue, maybe with this information they will be able to do something with issue.

View post
I did leave it to 2G/3G only. I have to let it be like that for few hours then find out.