This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the ZenFone 8 support the Android Streaming for Hearing Aid (ASHA)

hagsted
Star I
Is it possible to stream audio directly to Bluetooth enabled hearing aids from the Zenfone 8. Google added the functionality in Android 10, but it has to been enabled by the manufacture. I do like the specs of Zenfone 8 but if ASHA isn't available it will be a deal breaker for me.
Best regards Kristian Hagsted
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
hagsted

Is it possible to stream audio directly to Bluetooth enabled hearing aids from the Zenfone 8. Google added the functionality in Android 10, but it has to been enabled by the manufacture. I do like the specs of Zenfone 8 but if ASHA isn't available it will be a deal breaker for me.

countrykillen

Hi there.

I just got this answer from ASUS support:

Thank you for contacting the ASUS Support.

Unfortunately, the SKU sold in EU does not support ASHA, so the Zenfone 8 Pro does not support this for now.

This may come at a later stage, but we have currently no information on when.

View post
Hi

No, that answer is not correct - sorry for the confusion. I believe it stems from a misunderstanding between HAC and ASHA.

Zenfone 8 has implemented the Android ASHA protocol.

I'll mark this question as answered - thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
hagsted

I found out that Zenfone 6 supports Interton Sound app so most probably Zenfone 8 should also support hearing aids with help of apps
Here is the link below👇
Connectivity & compatibilityAs this article is very old they do not have updated list of supported smartphones. But i am pretty sure Zenfone 8 will support.
Ohh i saw although you are asking specifically for ASHA so i am bit of 50-50 % sure here. Lets wait for Mods response on this.
Thanks!

hagsted
Star I
Thanks for your answer AmitGarde, what I am interested in knowing is if Zenfone 8 supports what Interton calls Direct Android Streaming Devices, I know that the Sony's Xperia 1 ii and 5 ii had the functionality added with their update to Android 11.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
hagsted

Thanks for your answer AmitGarde, what I am interested in knowing is if Zenfone 8 supports what Interton calls Direct Android Streaming Devices, I know that the Sony's Xperia 1 ii and 5 ii had the functionality added with their update to Android 11.

View post
It is hard for me to comment on this until i test it and i dont have it with me. So for now what i see is their direct streaming devices list does not include Asus devices. So i think Moderators will have to answer this for you after confirming it from there internal official authorities. @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS
Thanks!

countrykillen
Star II
Hi there.
I just got this answer from ASUS support:

Thank you for contacting the ASUS Support.
Unfortunately, the SKU sold in EU does not support ASHA, so the Zenfone 8 Pro does not support this for now.
This may come at a later stage, but we have currently no information on when.