This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead Zenfone 8 Revive

JohnWick_
Rising Star I

Hey, as we know now for sure the Zenfone 8 has a problem which i think is cause you got some nice brick update i would like trying to help. First of all its really important that check if:

Did it make any sound when connecting it to a computer ?

Get the device recognized in Windows device manager, and if so pls make a screenshot what you got if you connect it.

If you could give me this information i could help. I think its just some weird software bug and not a motherboard issue. Also it could be it if they send some **bleep**ty update that fried something but i don't think that happened.

I for myself downgraded straight to 12 after hearing that.

12 Runs good it has good battery backup and i have a straight line when in deep sleep.

Can give you that if you want it, for now i wont post any links to see if anyone is even interested.

17 REPLIES 17

To what are you referring? Do you mean the firehose loader? Yeah I have that and all the tools from the QPST. I've done a lot of trial and error and effort and research on this thing for sure.

Maybe there is some point to your assertion that it is bad software/programming. I don't know as I never stayed on Android 12 for every long. Honestly the only way to tell would be to have someone who doesn't care about losing their data test. After they get the blackscreen have them try and restore using QFIL or whatever and then flashing Android 11 on their device. But I don't know man. This seems far too widespread, and I'm sure it's affected those with custom ROMs/unlocked bootloaders, so it seems likely to be a hardware defect or bad tolerances to me.

Best of luck.

Tried to attach the firehose file if needed but ASUS is lame and keeps stripping it.

And my "work" folder is here: zenfone lol

Best of luck!

MaryCaleroLa
Star II

mine beeps when connected to my computer and when disconnected, but it wont be recognized by windows. It also flashes red when I plug it to a charger for about 2 minutes and then it stops. I have not tried keeping it plugged for more than 3 min. I read that it is possible to change the motherboard and not compromise the data, is that really possible??

Thanks

You are on really good way, and replacing the motherboard without lossing the data is not possible, pls check in device manager what is listed, when it beeps it indicates it reconized something, but i need to know what. Go in device manager plug in and look what may have added in the list

it shows QUSB_BULK_SN:A9F.... and more numbers, with a note saying that there are not compatible drivers for this device

I knew it, these devices are in edl mode, i can help you trying to get it working again, but pls go in my other thread, its not for here to discuss it at this thread.