cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of hardware?

Evolution101
Star III
Hi,

My Zenfone 8 that I purchased in may last year broke due to dropping it on the ground.
Consequently I bought a new one since I'm very pleased with this model, specifically due to it's absence of PWM. However I noted something peculiar with the new one I got which disturbs me.
Firstly it's made in Indonesia which if I recall correctly my original one wasn't . Secondly the backside of the phone now has a different text. Instead of "Asus Zenfone" it now just says "mobile phone designed by ASUS". What happened here?
Additionally I now suspect more changes have been made on this very same model. For example I experience the screen to be brighter than my original one was when it was new. Also the build quality and screen touch responsivness feels different (feels slightly ticker). Anyone? Is this normal? Do you know why the production seems to have changed? Are there still batches of the original stock to be found in stores? Would also be interesting if a new PWM test is made with what appears to be the new production line.
13 REPLIES 13

Evolution101
Star III
I don't know how to erase the photo. Seems there is no tool for that in here.
The MFD says 2021.11

PhaGWiZ
Rising Star I
Seeing the photo, it looks like a slightly revised version to me, maybe the 3g more is linked to a different part that could have caused the ramdumps on earlier units (100% speculation though)

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @Evolution101
I modified your post picture to remove your SN details.
Regarding your question, ASUS uses a combination of production sites, this is a legit model just with a slight design variation.

prasendecade
Star I
I'm from indonesia. The phone i bought here was produced on august 2021 by "SAT Nusapersada" company which placed in Batam, Riau. I think we got our phone from the same manufacturer. Maybe you can check the back of your box, there should be written something like "Produced by : PT. SAT Nusapersada, Tbk"
p-20220131-185757-1-1.jpg

Evolution101
Star III
prasendecade

I'm from indonesia. The phone i bought here was produced on august 2021 by "SAT Nusapersada" company which placed in Batam, Riau. I think we got our phone from the same manufacturer. Maybe you can check the back of your box, there should be written something like "Produced by : PT. SAT Nusapersada, Tbk"

p-20220131-185757-1-1.jpg

View post
Mine doesn't have the same amount of info on it. I can just see that it's made in Indonesia.