cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Standby battery drain

Salvatore
Star III
Hi,
i'm experiencing seriuos issue about battery, it's being constantly drained by cell standby with abnormal values. It's actually draining more than the display, that's unacceptable.
Can you please provide a fix/solution ?
Zenfone 8 - hardware and software details attached.
198183282-10226408916159167-3204847718508595170-n.jpg
screenshot-20210613-111801686.jpg
screenshot-20210613-111808710.jpg

123 REPLIES 123

martinparker28
Rising Star II
pipsss81

Maybe you have many apps and your phone is updating them a lot? Try to disable automatic updates, or only allow to update over wifi.

View post
Or maybe buy a supposedly flagship phone with the latest Snapdragon 888 chipset and 8gb ram..........oh wait a minute😉

pipsss81
Rising Star I
Yeah, Qualcomm took it easy with 888 last year and mostly overclock the chip. Now we have power hungry chip in a small phone. Asus could throttle it down to reduce heating, but i bet most wont like that... (Asus should fix advanced mode, so we can throttle it down)

Aryan202
Community Legend I
pipsss81

Yeah, Qualcomm took it easy with 888 last year and mostly overclock the chip. Now we have power hungry chip in a small phone. Asus could throttle it down to reduce heating, but i bet most wont like that... (Asus should fix advanced mode, so we can throttle it down)

View post
OnePlus is facing a lot of flak for that
Seems like many would want the best available performance even if it means a little higher thermal/decreased battery life

Koppiii
Star II
Still 20-25% per charge ... Only for cell standby

MrAvenger
Rising Star II
hey guys. new to the forum and to the zenfone 8.
like your self im experiencing massive standby battery drain.
today after recharging 8.5 hours ago ive lost about 17% battery (screen on time is 28min). I noticed straight after recharging that it was consuming battery.
any ideas how to troubleshoot this issue.