cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Standby battery drain

Salvatore
Star III
Hi,
i'm experiencing seriuos issue about battery, it's being constantly drained by cell standby with abnormal values. It's actually draining more than the display, that's unacceptable.
Can you please provide a fix/solution ?
Zenfone 8 - hardware and software details attached.
198183282-10226408916159167-3204847718508595170-n.jpg
screenshot-20210613-111801686.jpg
screenshot-20210613-111808710.jpg

123 REPLIES 123

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Can someone tell me what is "screen compatible with the environment" on application list that drains my battery? I have separate screen position on the list.

daniel91m
Rising Star II
AOD - this is it

Salvatore
Star III
Kris_ASUS

Hi all,

We are looking into these cases now.

Please update your system to the latest version. Some users thought thermal improved a lot after this version.

If you find the battery drains faster than before, please observe if it is repeatable. Because battery drain often comes from specific app secretly working in background for update or syncing data. Everything will back to normal once the app finish its task.

If you thought your battery drains fast constantly, please let me know. Thank you.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/50664/210712-zenfone-8-eu-30-11-51-83

View post
Hi @Kris, first toughts after the upgrade, nothing seems to be changed. 7,2% standby drain over 12h span. As you can see from the screenshot, i'm also collecting detailed logs for you.
image.png

b_preslavski
Star III
Just confirmed today and sent some screenshots to one of the asus guys here - if I stay home, e.g. not switching radio towers, mobile network standby uses less power than phone idle, the device is a little bit cooler if not in use. Currently at 70% and 2+ hours screen with browsing(background apps control is on). When i walk in the neighborhood or go to work, e.g. switching towers, mobile network becomes the top user, phone is hot while not in use, and battery drops fast. I charge the device before going to bed, and this, or staying long enough in one place, fixes the battery drain somehow, until the next movement.
So, for home telephone, zf8 is good enough. As a mobile device - only for short walks during winter 🙂

Koppiii
Star II
Same here...
The Cell Standby uses half of the battery...

Did you ASUS Guys even Test one of your own Zenfone 8 ?