Model Name: ZenFone 8
Firmware Version: WW_33.0210.0210.210 (TKQ1.220807.001.33.0210.0210.210)
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Every time
Name & APP Version:
- Apps using Bluetooth devices on the fly without being paired on the system. EliteHRV, HRV4Training, KubiosHRV, Polar Beat, SmartRow. Fully updated.
All these apps connect to devices (SmartRow pulley and HRM strap) without having the BT devices paired through the system/OS pairing, but rather do on-the-fly pairing through the apps.
The problem is that since the Android 13 update, the devices connect but don't provide data, apart from SmartRow BT pulley which provides glitchy data with constant dropouts.
I see that Google released an update for Google Pixel https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/200738915?hl=en that has a fix for bluetooth devices not pairing.
> Fix for issue occasionally preventing connection with certain Bluetooth devices or accessories
Any ETA for ASUS to release it for ZenFone 8? Or any workouts meanwhile? I tried clearing caches, reseting Bluetooth, reinstalling apps, disabling all battery optimizations and OptiFlex through the phone system, no luck.
Can you please help us out with some more detailed info:
1. Did the BT pairing issue begin after Android 13? Did you have any issues in A12?
2. Can you try going into settings > security & lock screen > check Google play system is up to date Jan, 2023.
3. Go to google play system>check if google related apps are updated to latest version.
4. Go to Setting>system>reset options>reset wifi, mobile& Bluetooth.
5. Connect BT devices and ZF8 again and check if the problem persists.
6. If the problem persists, please provide your User ID, BT device model, a summary of issue.