This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After update 31.1010.0411.138 (2022-10-05) Location Service don't stop

Joao_Fortes
Star I
After update my ZenFone 8 to version 31.1010.0411.138 (2022-10-05) the Location Service don't stop.
It is always showing the location icon on top bar and alerting form an app cosuming much battery.
Looking the battery alert detais it shows the app Location Services.
If I turn off the the Location and turn on, it stay for a while off, but when some app uses the Location when the app is closed the Location keep on.
34 REPLIES 34

Rokcy98
Star III
@Mansi_ASUS I'll try and I'll let you know, thanks!

vinko063
Star III
Mansi_ASUS

Hey everyone,

The R&D is working on resolving the issue however, the team has come up with a temporary fix by uninstalling Google play service updates.

Uninstall Google play service by Setting>all apps and notification> see all apps>tap more option>show system>google play service>tap more option>uninstall updates.

After uninstalling updates you need to reboot the phone. This should make the GPS icon disappear.

View post
@Mansi_ASUS I can also confirm that this fix the issue. After restarting the phone I got notifcation to choose account for google backup, so I hope that will not triger problem again.

vinko063
Star III
But there is another problem when uninstal updates for google play services. Google wallet app is also missing now and can't use it.

Mansi_ASUS
Hey everyone!
As it turns out, the location icon issue is a known issue of Google. Please wait for the Google Play service to release a new update to fix this issue.
However, the temporary solution I mentioned above should help with the GPS icon.

izani
Rising Star I
Mansi_ASUS

Hey everyone!

As it turns out, the location icon issue is a known issue of Google. Please wait for the Google Play service to release a new update to fix this issue.

However, the temporary solution I mentioned above should help with the GPS icon.

View post
Thanks for the information.

Looking forward for the fix.