cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of bugs in the last update - unexpected restarts, screen black, can't call

Tomy90c
Rising Star I

1. Model Name: Asus ZenFone 9 16GB / 256G 

2. Firmware version: WW_34.0304.2004.108 (Android 14)

3. Rooted or not: No

4. Frequency of occurrence: often

I am quite disappointed with the latest phone update. A lot of fundamental and functional errors that I deal with almost every day: 

1. The phone automatically restarts even when it is idle

2. Sometimes the phone network goes down and you can't call or call me and you have to restart the phone

3. The phone does not automatically connect and turn on the WiFi network based on the location. WiFi must be turned on manually.

4. Unexpectedly black corners appear on the display. The phone must be restarted for the corners to disappear. This error cannot be caught via screenshot.

3 REPLIES 3

abdullah_kara
Star II

Unfortunately I have same phone and same version WW_34.0304.2004.108 (Android 14) and I live mostly same problem. Specially mobile communication and mobile data  not work good. I wait solving this problem. Because of that problems I could not use my ZenFone 9 and I use my old phone .

Tomy90c
Rising Star I

Sorry, but your thread is dealing with an older firmware version. I am already on the newer version with Android 14. This version no longer has the problems that the version from around October 2023 had. Unfortunately, my problems were caused by the correction update to the first version with Android 14, which solved a few bugs, but made many more. I think that another patch update will come out soon anyway, which will hopefully solve something and I hope it won't cause many more problems.