cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced battery mode - issue

Iceman11
Star III
Hello,
I noticed that the performance sliders in Advanced battery mode are not working as expected while set to Low.
In the other modes (Dynamic, Durable and Ultra durable) CPU clock speed on idle is 300 MHz for core 0 - 3 and 700 MHz for Core 4 - 7.
In Advanced battery mode, all performance sliders on low, the idle clock is 1400 MHz for core 0 - 3 and 1300 MHz for Core 4 - 7 (Just like in High performance mode).

It that the normal behaviour or a bug?

Note: Forcing screen refresh rate to 120 Hz is available only in Advanced and High performance mode and the other modes are not a viable option for me.
5 REPLIES 5

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
That's a bug even for rog phone 5

PhaGWiZ
Rising Star I
You can try to fix this by installing PnP Tuner for Zenfone 8 Magisk Module by developper Freak07 on the XDA-Developpers forum, it aims to make the cpu clocks more logical depending on the performance mode. Note that I have not tried it so I cannot confirm if it does work or have any significant improvement to battery life

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
Adaoh

You can try to fix this by installing PnP Tuner for Zenfone 8 Magisk Module by developper Freak07 on the XDA-Developpers forum, it aims to make the cpu clocks more logical depending on the performance mode. Note that I have not tried it so I cannot confirm if it does work or have any significant improvement to battery life

View post
This is what ASUS should do from the beginning

Iceman11
Star III
Adaoh

View post
Thank you for the suggestion. I will save this option for later. Hopefully Asus will fix this bug in future updates.
For now I will wait with unlocking my device. Because of the potential 'waiting for flashing full ramdump' issue I prefer having my warranty valid.