This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate low brightness DC dimming programmatically?

jatobax104
Star I
Hi,
like other OLED phones, the ASUS Zenfone 8 suffers from PWM flickering in lower brightness. It can cause fatigue or eye strain, the effect is different from person to person. Dxomark had an article about this issue, google "Flicker, the display affliction".
Luckily, the Zenfone 8 has an option to enable DC dimming to mitigate PWM flickering in low brightness, Stupidly, however, it is an option, not enabled by default. ➔ Now the problem is that I have a custom ROM. In this custom ROM (LineageOS), the option is not available in the display settings.
I am wondering if it is possible to enable the DC dimming option in custom ROMs as well, maybe programmatically via. a control file, from command line, adb or whatever. My phone is rooted. I know how to use command line. Any hints would be great. Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.