cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to buy Z8, final decision

Gnubbo
Star III
Hello guys,
my One plus 3t is about to leave me and I'd love to take a Z8 , since it's more compact, fast and almost stock and I've found it at a great price, well below S21. I don't use gaming on my phone, except for very random plays, I use it a lot for daily productivity and multimedia and as a travel companion for video, camera, gps and my only alternative is the new nord 2 but it's bigger.
I've read extensively the topics about the heating issue and battery performance and I'd like to know if the experience is better after the update WW_30.11.51.103. Some of you said yes, some other say that the experience is still disappointing. The reason I give up with my current phone, which is quite old now, is because it's really heating up and battery is gone, things I don't want to see on a new phone (i'm kinda exagerating).
I thought I could gather some feedbacks here.

10 REPLIES 10

Salvatore
Star III
personal.email.rv

Hello guys,

my One plus 3t is about to leave me and I'd love to take a Z8 , since it's more compact, fast and almost stock and I've found it at a great price, well below S21. I don't use gaming on my phone, except for very random plays, I use it a lot for daily productivity and multimedia and as a travel companion for video, camera, gps and my only alternative is the new nord 2 but it's bigger.

I've read extensively the topics about the heating issue and battery performance and I'd like to know if the experience is better after the update WW_30.11.51.103. Some of you said yes, some other say that the experience is still disappointing. The reason I give up with my current phone, which is quite old now, is because it's really heating up and battery is gone, things I don't want to see on a new phone (i'm kinda exagerating).

After the latest update heating issues have been partially solved but abnormal battery drain is still a big problem. Depending on your average usage of the phone, you might not be able to reach the end of the day with a single charge. I would suggest to wait for future patches/fixes or go for another brand. I would have not bought it if i knew about that issue in advance.

pipsss81
Rising Star I
Someone just posted 6 days with 2h SOT on full charge and you say that you wont last a day?!? Shure it depends on use, but that is with all phones. With normal use of less than 4h SOT you can last a day easily wih 80% (if you dont use heavy gaming or camera).

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
personal.email.rv

Hello guys,

There is also the problem of the flash storage corruption, for now I would wait.

asus_zenfone8
Star II
There is no problem with this phone except it's to heavy to hold it in your hands, you'll see what i mean with this when you buy it and use it for a while.